Monday, August 27, 2007

Home sweet Store

We are so blessed ladies! I am trying to fill my days here in Dallas with some fun..... and you won't believe it, but I had to drive over 45 mins to find a scrapbook store. The first one I found was so weird, it was like a big empty JoAnn's, it lacked an kind of soul... I hope that doesn't sound too weird, it just bothered me that it was so lifeless, I longed for our paper racks and beat up furniture, the girls were nice enough but it was so "big box" feeling and the racks were empty. They didn't have complete lines like we do, My Minds Eye, Luxe, Dream Street, etc. Then they told me about a store another 30 mins away, they weren't able to tell me exactly it was against their store policy, so I called Becky, gave here the address and we did mapquest to find the location. I made it to Carrollton, Texas. Scrapbook Barn was a warm, friendly and comforting store. The lady was so sweet. I found some American Crafts paper and Treehouse items I liked. But I noticed they didn't carry My Minds Eye, Luxe, Dream Street or Junkitz. It made me so happy to know that we have some the latest and greatest in little Lewiston, Idaho. It made me thankful that we have fun in our store and love to meet new customers. I hope that if for some reason you stumble across us while you are on a short stay in the LC Valley you will find refuge in our Crop Paper Scissors.

I am longing for our beat up hutches filled with Tami and Debbie's project. I want to see Caylie and Evan's cute smiles on the walls. When I asked at the hospital here where to go find some scrapbooking stores they told me Michael's and Joann's. I know that when you ask at our JoAnn's they recommend Mem'ries and us. We also give each directions to the other store. Heck we've been known to call up to see if they have what you are looking for...

Yes ladies, living in the Great Northwest is not a bad thing. In fact even though the southern charm of Dallas is I appealing I can't wait to come home.

I will tell you this... we need a SONIC drive in and a RACE TRAC conveneince store. Sonic still has car side service and they serve COKE... woohoo, Race Trac is just next door to my hotel and they have over 30 types of fountain sodas for 69 cents. God was looking out for me teehee....

5 comments:

Becky said...

I am soo glad the directions helped and you found your way. Heck, stick you in even Iowa and you would find a scrapbooking store. :)

Hurry home.....it's not the same without you. Miss you lots!

Mark said...

We miss you Kristi! I was in the store today to drop off all my samples...I think I am caught up through September! I am so excited about that! Call me when you get home.
Erin.

Becky said...

Tag...your it....check out my blog.

Aunt Jan said...

Hi Kristi! When do you get to come home? I was in the store Saturday. Miss you.. Take Care

Designs By Jamie said...

Sonic is my favorite! Coming from Oklahoma, I miss it so much. I always get a footlong coney or frito pie, tater tots and a chocolate milk shake. I did hear there is one in Spokane now. Welcome home to cooler weather and no mosquitos or humidity!