Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mike... Jake and the land of the living

Back to the land of the living...
We made it back home by about 1pm Wednesday. It was great knowing we survived the drive. We had to stop about every half an hour for Mike to walk around but he made it okay. He was not able to sit or stand by himself so I stayed home with him and we learned where he could go in the house and helped keep the dogs from under his feet. He went to bed about 7pm and slept till 6am. (He only woke up once for pain meds, there is truth in the statement that each hour you get a little better) He keeps saying "his core hurts, "his trunk hurts," it would make sense since they drilled a hole in his spine to release the nerve that was impinged. I think he is still trying to deal with the surgical pain and finding ways to keep comfortable. I am back to work today so he is home alone (yikes!) till about 1pm when Savannah gets home from school. I am taking Jake to the ear, nose and throat doc today, we are pretty sure he has double ear infections, and a sinus infection, this is the first time since his sinus surgery he's had trouble. If one more person gets sick......

3 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

let me finish that sentence for you.
.......... I'm gonna jump into a pool of Diet Coke!

Glad Mike is improving, he will be up and around in no time.

I hope Jake gets good news today!

Kristi O said...

Okay, so I am on my 2nd 32 ounce diet coke. Don't tell me they have rehab for diet coke drinkers or some people will be setting up an intervention. yikes

Ange~ said...

Yikes. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun! Poor guys. I hate being sick and in pain, and it sounds like they're having a LOT of it.