Monday, February 25, 2008

No matter how hard I try I have the blues....

I am trying really hard to not get anxious that my folks are going to Hawaii for 10 days. I don't like it when they travel, I don't like it when they are gone, it means that I get to work my 8-5 job and worry about my dad's store, my store, their house with their beloved animals, and my home.

I am trying not to be completely hacked off that Tuesday while we were in Coeur d'alene for back surgery Jacob went to the orthodontist and got a new spring for his jaw. Well last nite it came off again which means yet another trip to Spokane. I don't have time this week or next to go to Spokane because of reason number 1.

This week in itself is busy. I don't know why I do this.. too many things and people in one week, I think its 'cause I do love my friends and I so badly want to connect but I stuff too many things into a time slot. Last nite I had a dinner with friends, today a pampered chef party luncheon here at work, hosted by moi, tonight dinner yet again with friends, tomorrow dinner w/friends and Wednesday a Jamie party at the store. Do you think I need to plan time to sleep?

The word says "Rejoice, this is the day the Lord has made." Rejoice is defined as hapiness or joy. The word also says, "Do not be anxious, but in everything, by prayer with thanksgiving present your request to God, and the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" ~Phil 4:6-7..... I don't know if I am supposed to meditate on this, repeat it or what, I would prefer for God to just appear at my desk and fill my mind and my heart till its all I know. I don't want to fret or be anxious, I don't want to worry or be consumed, I want to be life giving and right now I feel like if I encountered a friend I would have nothing to offer. Do you relate?

PS... Mike isn't doing well, He is trying mentally and for that I am thankful. He is having a hard time standing, sitting or laying, his leg is giving out. I don't know what to think.

8 comments:

shauna said...

Kristi, so sorry you're struggling right now. Now it's my turn to wish I were closer so that I could bring YOU a diet coke. Yesterday at church my friend gave a talk on finding balance in life. You post reminded me of it, and how women have such a hard time taking time to relax in order to have the energy necessary to do things for others. She talked about how, when taking a trip on an airplane, we're cautioned (if air pressure in the cabin gets too low) to first place our oxygen masks on our faces before we place them on our children, etc. She compared that to wearing yourself out to the point where you faint. It sounds like you might be ready to faint, and can't do anything for anyone else until you put that mask on. She also mentioned that there are lots of good things we can do--but just because they're good doesn't mean we have to do them all right now.

So sorry to ramble on and on. I hope I didn't say too much. It's just that the things she spoke about resonated with me because it's easy for women (I think) to over-extend themselves and suffer in the end.

It sounds like you need a rest, dear. Please take some time for yourself. :)

{hugs!}

Bfun1 said...

Kristi - take one minute at a time if you need too, as each task is completed check that puppy off the list....your life is WAY overloaded the next couple of weeks! WOW and beyond! YEESH - I would help out.....let's see, how bout if I go out with your friends tonight and tomorrow night (as long as the Drug Queen isn't going, oh she doesn't read this BLOG does she?) - would that ease your life? (sorry just a little humor) The only thing I can say is, the next few WEEKS are so busssssy for you that it will pass in a flash but when you are looking at the ENTIRE picture it is overwhelming - remember if your friends can help we will. Mam could have ordered some tranquelizers for you for these next few weeks would she have contacted her TOP drug dispenser in India 6 weeks ago.....

Prayers to heaven for MIKE!

MrsD said...

I will share my Diet Cokes with you! Do you like dark chocolate? That is my FAVORITE I would share that too.

Miss K will come and smile at you Wednesday night. OK?

Becky said...

Sorry to hear that you are down....that is not a fun place to be.

I can relate that there never seems to be a point to take a "break". I guess we just have to make ourselves take that break and deal with our other stuff later. That other stuff usually always waits.

Hang in there.....if you want to reschedule with Tiff, Jamie and myself tomarrow night...I am fine with that. Or it just might be the break you need. Either way, no problem.

Ange~ said...

You aren't going to like my idea: you need to get away from town and do some WILDERNESS TIME! WAhoo! No phones, no computers, no schedule. Awesome. So go sleep in a tent already! :)

Kristi O said...

You guys are so good to me. Thanks for letting me "vent" I know that most of this is my fault 'cause I want to enjoy my friends and that means getting together. It just happens that its all in one week. I think I have a handle on who is going to cover mom's house while she is playing in the ocean, My pampered chef party is over, my purse party will be a hoot, Jamie P is GREAT. The dinners are really just fun, I love these people. Just one breath in and one breath out, right ladies? Ange I like your idea, but well I have no time off, although its a good one. I don't know about a tent and all, but a hotel would be perfect in my book, now that the writers strike is over bring back my shows so I can veg out in front of the TV.

Ange~ said...

Maybe a nice, clean, ritzy cabin in the wilderness?

TAMI said...

OOOhh my Kristi- I know how you feel... been there, done that! You seriously need to take some time for yourself, and learn to say 'NO' - I too struggle with it. On Friday I will man the store from opening to closing- Jeff is off so you just work you 9-5 & go straight home, into your room and veg. I mean it!! And you have Cori & I handling the store Sunday-so other day to veg!