Monday, January 21, 2008

Doctors and Dentists oh my!


It seems that I spend a significant amount of time scheduling and taking our family to the doctor. Both kids have braces, and out of town orthodontists. Mike sees a plethora of doctors ranging from psychologists, psychiatrists, a neuro-surgeon, and a family doctor. Friday I took the day off and took Jake to Dr. Damon in Spokane, he got amazing springs installed to adjust the placement of his jaw. This also happened because Jake wasn't so compliant with wearing rubber bands. I also took Mike to meet Dr. Ganz in Coeur d'alene. Mike has a bulging disc that is impinging his sciatica in his right leg. We have finally met a good doctor and he scheduled surgery for February 5th.

Tomorrow I take Savannah to the orthodontist in Pullman. I get Wednesday off.... woohoo (from doctors appt's) But then Thursday Mike see's Dr. Walker in Moscow. This is a fairly important appointment in my mind because he has not been doing well. For some reason he's given up on living again. Don't ask me why or the reason, I have stopped trying to understand or explain this.... for whatever reason he is thinking he wants to die again. (don't be alarmed, he is on meds and has a great support system, we tell him to go to work and to try his best each day) If he gets worse he can always go into a hospital to get stable. Its just not the best choice for him. He has the tools to cope and to live....

If you need help finding your way around an insurance company, or knowing benefits, etc. I can help! I have called many a customer service line and fought many battles over what paid and what didn't.

I plan on scrapbooking Friday nite and Saturday as a reward for all my "doctoring" Wanna come along?

5 comments:

Kelly Brumley said...

Kristi, {big hugs}, running everyone to the Doctor can be exhausting! Take care!

scrappermom said...

Hey Kristi,
This is Kris in Logan. Remember me?? You use to order from me at a certain store here....

Just saw your website in a magazine and thought I would see if you had any pictures of your valentine supplies. Since we no longer have a scrapbook store that carries much:( I guess if you call it a scrapbook store. I would love to see what you have so I can buy from you! wierd someone in UTAH is looking for scrapbook supplies in Idaho:)
Sorry to hear about your husband. I just thought I would pass this on Brittney did great with her back there in Lewiston. Dr. Deitrich was awsome and she has a great physical therapy place in clarkston. In research he is in the top 5 back surgeons in the NW. I would choose him again. Recovery was simple course she is feamale and he is male you know what I mean!!! Just some food for thought!!! Well it was great to see you in Nov. and had fun with all the stuff I bought and again e-mail me and let me know how I can buy more product on line.
Thanks and good luck!
Kris Wheeler

Bfun1 said...

CAN I say just ONE thing - OUCH! It looks painful (the picture)!
Life stinks sometimes and why? This is a depressing month - there were some interesting statistics given yesterday about the day! I think we need to get on with SPRING!

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Take Care of yourself, while you are being "superwoman" Which you are many days. Your family is very lucky to have you....

Kristi O said...

Hi ladies! Kris we have Cosmo Cricket in stock, My Minds Eye Daisy Buckets and today we will have Scrapworks as well! I have images listed on the blog just two more postings down. So glad your daughter is healed and doing GREAT! I am soooo relieved!!! Its great to hear from you!!!!