Monday, January 14, 2008

A weekend and my mom

I hope you had a nice weekend. I spent most of it at the Red Lion hotel scrapbooking with 40some ladies. We ate great food, and made projects and pages. It was so relaxing and peaceful. Just a group of folks enjoying paper, ribbon, ink and more.

My mom on the other hand did not have such a great weekend. Her neck pain is back in full force. Many of you know that she was forced into retirement a few years ago due to a neck surgery, (4 of them total) of which none worked. She has that constant feeling of pins and needles shooting out her arms, and almost like a hot, poky fire feeling too. She doesn't get any relief, sitting or laying down and often just feels sick to her stomach from the pain. At this point there really isn't many more surgeries that can we done. Short of a miracle from God she is in pain. Its mind boggling and frustrating to say the least. Would you pray for the Jan aka the Queen. She is not only my mom but she's the heartbeat of our store and customers miss her when she is gone. I need her. She needs to be healed.

Thanks...

5 comments:

Aunt Jan said...

Tell Jan I'm thinking of her... din't know she has been off work...Talked with Amanda's mother-in-law today. Hope her pain goes away soon..

Becky said...

Please send her my get-well wishes. Neck & back pain is no fun. Sounds like she is ready for the Hawaiian get-away, now.

Kelly Brumley said...

Kristi, please tell your Mom she is in our prayers. I enjoy her so much at the store and at crops. She is a real sweetheart!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Get well Queeeeeeeenie:)

The Queen said...

Kristi please tell queenie that I have prayed for her and still pray, I love queenie and thank god everyday for the help she gave me when Peggy died. She is always in my prayers.