Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today... glum, cloudy and would like to anywhere but here...

I am kind of glum today, I don't really know why, I think that I am always longing for things to be different, to be better, I wish Mike were more well than he is, more "normal" whatever that means, that the store were more busy, that I was a better, daughter, mother, wife and friend, that I prayed more, listened more and talked less, that I was kinder, more thoughtful and more compassionate. I wish the sun shined more and it was less cloudy that the wind didn't quite blow so cold and I got just a little more sleep. I wish I was committed to exericse and drinking water, that I spent my time more wisely on things that mattered instead of those that didn't. I wish I took more care keeping my home and our cars, that I walked the dogs more, and had more quiet time. Alas, I am glum. I keep trying to shake it, I had a diet coke, (I am sure that doesn't surprise you) I thanked God for my day, my job and all that I have and yet here I am. I found this quote and I am HOPEFUL it will ring true to me today.

"I am not what I ought to be,
I am not what I want to be,
I am not what I hope to be in another world;
but still I am not what i once used to be,
and by the grace of God I am what I am" (John Newton).

6 comments:

Mahsug said...

It was wonderful meetin you as well! I can't wait until Thursday~ we are going to have so much fun... OH and the new puppy.. whined and pee'd all night long! LOL.. Joys of being a puppy parent!

erin said...

I hear you on all that. But we are better than we used to be-definitely by the grace of God. Love the new look!

Kelly Brumley said...

To me you have always been a friend who motivates me, excites me about our craft, listens well, has fun, and had contagious joy.

Everyone has glum days, hope your tommorow is full of sunshine, at least on the inside!

Becky said...

I love the quote.

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Your are a good mother and wife, and certainly a wonderful friend.....

shauna said...

Kristi that's how I can tell you're such a good person--you worry about these types of things. Don't be too hard on yourself though! Love yourself first and the rest will fall into place.