Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday being Thankful

I rec'd an early birthday present this weekend from my mom. You see in my book birthday's should last a month. They should be filled with fun lunch dates with friends, a family dinner on the actual day, maybe a home cooked meal by mom/grandma, flowers in some instances, thoughtful cards, etc. My mom told me (at my prompting) that we were going to take a little siesta for my birthday this year. She has been ordered by her doctor to get some sun, because she is lacking vitamin D, I need some retail therapy so we are headin' south. We leave the 9th and return home the 12th. Its a short, impromptu trip but well worth it. I will see some friends and eat at some of my favorite restaurants. The most fun part is going! I love to get ready to go. Think about what I am going to take, the sun, etc.

Do you ever take a last minute trip/getaway?
This makes me so thankful. Thankful my mom knows I need to get away, amazing girls to help out in the store so we both can go, kids who can hold down the homefront while we are away, etc. I have such a good life. You?

5 comments:

TAMI said...

Don't use up all the sun- I will be a few weeks behind ya......and I agree birthdays should last the whole month!!!!

Aunt Jan said...

Hey Girl!! You enjoy yourself!! Soak up the sun!! Yes, I also agree birthdays should last the whole month... Like all of Febuary!! Take Care...

shauna said...

This sounds so fun. Where are you going?

Becky said...

I could use a little sun right now....I am over this weather.

The Hussy Housewife said...

Fun in the Sun! What do you want ot do for your birhtday?