Tuesday, July 22, 2008

For today.

From blogs I read today... I had to share...

“I don’t like God’s process, in fact sometimes I think it stinks - but I totally trust him - and once you develop that total trust, nothing else matters.”

"The Lord does not always work in ways we expect and sometimes, He works in ways that break our hearts. But He is still good and He is still worthy of our praise. No matter the heartache, the joy will always outweigh the sorrow in the end. The weeping may last for a night - or a year - but the joy is on its way. We may be wandering in the wilderness tonight, but we can rest assured that we are on our way to the Promised Land."

I am not ashamed to say that I believe the Gospel is true. I believe that He died for me, that He knows the number of hairs on my head, and that He keeps my tears in a bottle. I believe there was a real man named Moses, and that the Lord really parted the waters. I believe in the scarred hands and feet. I believe in the providence of God, even when it feels contrary to what my heart desires

Exodus 14:14, where the Israelites are complaining about their journey. Moses says to them, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still..."

I just don't know how to be Still...

2 comments:

MrsD said...

The being still part is the hardest for me too.

Andrea said...

Stillness is hard for me too...I want to be doing, fixing, figuring out solutions to all the problems. What a good reminder! Thanks for sharing!