Tuesday, July 29, 2008

what do you know?

Often when talking with friends and family I begin the conversation with

"What do you know?"
At times thoughout my blogging I will do the Thursday truths, inspired by Wendy or what are you thankful for? Its hard for me to admit that right now this week, in this season of my life. I don't know. I can write down biblical concepts that somewhere in me, I know I believe. I can sing the words to songs that I know I believe, but how come the tears that I cry and the pain that I feel hurts so bad? Why do I feel so helpless and so powerless?
Some of you know my husband is in the hospital in another town. Many of you continue to pray for us and for him, for a his mind to be set free, and I don't know how we would have made it without you'all. I hate feeling so small in this world and desperately wish that we served a God that we could reach out and touch and be held.
Thats where I am today.
My friend Anige said this.... The Lord does not always work in ways we expect and sometimes, He works in ways that break our hearts. But He is still good and He is still worthy of our praise. No matter the heartache, the joy will always outweigh the sorrow in the end. The weeping may last for a night - or a year - but the joy is on its way. We may be wandering in the wilderness tonight, but we can rest assured that we are on our way to the Promised Land
I am going with this today. Sometimes you have to rely on the faith of your friends....

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Kristi, I had no idea. I am so sorry for the struggle you are facing. I will be praying for your family... Our Father loves us all so much that not a minute goes by that he isn't thinking and loving us.

Anonymous said...

praying for your husband and also for you.