Wednesday, July 9, 2008

something to think about

This morning I was at my desk eating breakfast and reading blogs... I came to Withoutwax and was caught up in a conversation. It was mainly about an article in a magzaine about some recently uncovered tablet, but I walked away with a few sentences instead......

Over and over again the Old Testament uses the “third day” as a day of deliverance, hope, and new beginnings.-When Joseph was in prison, he said to Pharaoh’s cupbearer: “…In three days, Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your job … “(Genesis 40: 13)

-When Israel was trapped in slavery, Moses asked Pharaoh: Let us go three days into the wilderness. (Exodus 5: 3)
-When Israel was threatened with being wiped out, a young girl named Esther says that she will fast for three days. Then she will go to the King to seek deliverance for her people.
-When Jonah is swallowed and is in the belly of the big fish … does anybody want to take a guess how many days he’s there? He’s there three days before he’s released.
- After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.Hosea 6:1-3 (in Context)

This is my hope, my prayer for all of us. That my husband, my family, my life will on the third day be restored and we may live in His presence.

What is your 3rd day desire? Are you struggling in marriage? In your finances? With a wayward child or spouse? Tell us so we can pray for you!

3 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Ummm, I think you already know the answer......

Bfun1 said...

and likewise - you know my answer....and most of the rest of the world hey? You know what the greatest thing is though - HOPE and being RESTORED some day! Don't get me started or I may end up preaching like Billy Graham!!

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

I'm pretty sure you know what the deal is here... thanks for being a good listener, even when your own life is so full of other worries.